Thought Leadership: Idea Development, Research, Writing, and Review Services
Thought leadership is an excellent way to build your company’s reputation and impress your shareholders, clients, industry peers, and potential new employees. Unfortunately, engaging in a thought leadership campaign can also be tedious and time-consuming. If your company has generated even one thought leadership piece, then you’ve probably run across at least one of these situations:
Your subject-matter experts (SMEs) are too busy with their everyday projects and responsibilities to research and write a compelling thought leadership piece for your company.
Your business development and marketing teams are overloaded and don’t have the time to coordinate resources and follow up on deadlines for an ongoing thought leadership campaign.
You know your subject matter inside and out, but you’re not sure that you’re explaining your viewpoint as clearly or as eloquently as you would like to.
You think your piece is mostly there, but you just need a second set of eyes.
Your company’s marketing and business objectives differ from your SMEs’ stated interests and experience, and you’re not sure how to bridge the gap between the two.
The Writers For Hire can help streamline your content creation process and minimize your workload. No matter where you are in the process, we can immediately fall in step with your team to create interesting and engaging thought leadership pieces, including:
- Newsletter articles
- Blog posts
- Trade publication articles
- Other digital media
What Thought Leadership Services Do We Provide?
The Writers For Hire offers customized services to meet your needs – whether you have a completed article that just needs a second pair of eyes or you have a few general ideas that need start-to-finish development.
Besides drastically reducing your in-house workload, we can fill multiple roles:
- Project management (PM) – We can manage the entire thought leadership process, including drawing upon your in-house resources for their expertise, writing and organizing the piece, developing style guides and templates to allow the workflow process between your team and ours to run seamlessly, keeping track of deadlines for editorial approval for your team, and submitting your piece for publication.
- Strategic planning – Working with your team to brainstorm thought leadership topics that align with your SMEs’ interests and experience but that also reinforce your organization’s business goals.
- Research and Writing – Through collaboration with your in-house experts, we develop an outline for the piece that will be the foundation for all research and writing moving forward. Once the research is complete and the writing begins, we regularly send pages of copy to you for feedback to make sure that you are happy with the tone and direction of the piece.
- Design – Basic or advanced layout and formatting capabilities, including custom graphs, charts, photos, and other images if necessary.
- Editing and Review – Edits and rewrites to improve clarity, flow, and organization. If you have multiple subject-matter experts providing content for the piece, we will also ensure a common voice and style throughout the document.
- Proofreading – Always completed by a previously uninvolved writer/editor to ensure a fresh set of eyes for squeaky-clean final copy.
- Publishing assistance – Submission of final pieces to both print and online publications.
Why Choose The Writers For Hire?
One of our strengths is in developing and maintaining long-term client relationships. We accomplish this by taking the time to get to know your company, understanding your strengths and weaknesses, and helping you develop messaging that both fits your company personality and presents real value to your end-customer.
Our client list includes Fortune 100s, government entities, and large corporations, including Hilton, Forbes, Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, Sara Lee, RigZone, St. Luke’s Hospital, EXL, St. Arnold Brewing Company, Caterpillar, Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks, and several others under NDA.
Our writing team is composed of degreed, full-time professionals, including several who hold Ph.D. and master’s degrees in their fields, which include advertising, journalism, public relations, business, technology, bioscience, and more.
We believe in treating each project as if it were our own, being proactive, providing exceptional copy, and honoring our word.
Our Process: A Customized Solution for Your Unique Organization
Your writing team will include The Writers For Hire team members that we think will fit best with your organization and project goals. Our goal is always to work how you work best.
That being said, we have identified a few best practices that help ensure a streamlined, successful project:
Step 1: The Kickoff Meeting and Strategy. Before we do any writing, we schedule a kickoff meeting to discuss your project, define your goals, decide on key learnings and next-step actions that you want your audience to take away from your piece, and identify your subject-matter-experts (SMEs).
Step 2: Information Gathering. We will collect all data from the SMEs by conducting interviews and gathering reference materials as well as help enforce their content submission deadlines.
Step 3: The Rough Draft. Once we’ve gathered all of the materials we need, we complete a rough draft of your thought leadership piece. At this point, we determine what information we have and what information may be missing.
Step 4: Back-and-Forth Editing. After we create a rough draft, we work with your team to fine-tune the copy, fill in missing facts and figures, create tables or graphs, and discuss formatting and style options.
Step 5: Final Proofing and Review. Once you’ve signed off on the final draft of your piece, a previously uninvolved team member will complete a final proofreading job, and also double-check to see that any missing information has been filled in.
Request a Quote for Your Thought Leadership Project
A successful thought leadership article will intrigue, challenge, and inspire people as well as provide answers to your audience’s biggest questions. Let us help you make the most of your expertise by capturing your knowledge and experience in an intelligent, thought-provoking piece that will help strengthen your reputation.