We have worked on writing projects for K-12 school districts, education consulting companies, colleges, and universities.
Our portfolio includes a variety of education-related projects, from test prep materials and web content to online college guides, social media campaigns, educational television scripts, and proposals.
Whatever the project, our education clients typically come to us with a few key challenges:
- They need to ensure that they are writing at a level and in a style appropriate to their intended audience, whether that audience is a group of first-graders, a Board of Regents, or the parents of prospective college freshmen.
- They don’t have the time to take on a large-scale, writing-intensive project – but they also don’t have time to train and micromanage a freelancer with little to no education experience.
- They need a fresh (and experienced) set of eyes to review large amounts of written material and offer line edits or suggestions for improving general flow and organization.
- They need someone to take over all aspects of a major writing project – from research and organization to writing and general project management – and they’re on a tight deadline.
Writers with Teaching and Education Backgrounds
Many of our writers have come to us from careers in education. Our writing staff includes former English and journalism teachers, college professors, and teaching interns. We also have writers with backgrounds in highly specialized fields such as biology, geology, engineering, and oil & gas.
In other words, when you work with us, you get much more than your average freelancer: You have near-instant access to an experienced, educated, deadline-oriented writing team ready to handle your education writing project.
Our Education Portfolio
A few of our team’s recent education projects include:
150+ Page Website
This multi-phase project for a major Texas university required weeks of information-gathering and research; management of a team of 5 writers; and creating and maintaining page templates and a style/proofreading guide.
Thought Leadership Content
We crafted scripts for Twice as Good, an educational children’s cooking show that airs on PBS.
Standardized Test Material
We write texts, reading comprehension books, and sample tests for several standardized test prep companies.
And Much More:
- Researching and writing a series of drug and alcohol education brochures aimed at junior high and high school students.
- Researching and writing more than 50 profiles of undergraduate and graduate schools for Peterson’s College Guide.
- Writing 100+ grade-appropriate questions for KooKeys, an online multiplayer educational game for K-12 students.
- Writing and organizing a highly technical 200-page proposal for a new telemedicine program for a major American university. The project required more than four weeks of research and interviews with SMEs, including two weeks onsite at the telemedicine provider’s Philadelphia office.