You’ve had a long, varied career. You’ve spent years rising to the top of your industry, and you have some interesting stories to tell. You’d like to capture it all in an executive memoir, but you’re not sure how to tie it all together into a single narrative.
You could, literally, fill a book with everything you know about your industry, but you feel that you’re too “close” to your subject matter. You need a fresh set of eyes to help you ensure that your book is accessible to a variety of audiences.
A book would be an incredibly valuable career tool. You like to write, and you’ve even got some chapters sketched out — but a book is a huge endeavor, and you simply don’t have the time in your busy schedule.
The experienced ghostwriters and editors at The Writers For Hire, Inc. have worked with executives and subject matter experts in a wide variety of industries, from government and nonprofit to real estate, medicine, energy, law, and finance. Your ghostwriting team will meet you wherever you are in the process, whether you want us to write your book from scratch or you simply need a sharp editorial eye on a current draft.
Smart, capable, and qualified ghostwriters and editors
Here’s what you can expect when you work with The Writers For Hire:
We will take the time to get to know you, your subject matter, and your industry. We spend a full two to three days interviewing you; learning more about your industry and your vision and goals for your book; and discussing your style preferences, timelines, additional interviewees, and background reading. We come to every interview ready to listen and learn – and we take detailed notes and make recordings to make sure that we don’t miss a word.
You’ll enjoy working with your writing team. We understand customer service, and we’ve mastered the art of combining our expertise with yours. We know how to proactively offer advice, while also respecting your wishes as an author and expert. We acknowledge your unique knowledge and insight into your target audience, and your unique personality as an individual – both of which should be reflected in your final manuscript.
You’ll review what we write as we write it. Ghostwriting is a collaborative, back-and-forth effort. We communicate with you regularly, and we’ll send you a new chapter or section to review about every other week. You’ll always know the status of your book, and you’ll be able to provide immediate feedback.
If you don’t like something, we’ll change it. We seek your feedback every step of the way. You tell us what’s working and what you’d like to change – and we make revisions based on your comments.
You’ll work with the best. We don’t farm out our work to inexperienced interns or fresh-from-college first-timers. Our writers have been doing this for a long time. We’re professional, full-time writers – and we’re exceptional at what we do.
We’ve written for clients in various industries, including oil and gas, IT, healthcare, marketing, and education. Here are a few examples of books we’ve written for speakers, executives, and subject matter experts. Please note that details are intentionally vague to protect our clients’ identities, as not all of them want to share the fact that they used a ghostwriter.
- An “oil and gas guy” talks about electric vehicles. In this book, the CEO of an oil and gas company shares his take on the relationship between electric cars and the oil and gas industry — and why he thinks that the two are made for each other. To write this 150-plus page book, The Writers For Hire conducted hundreds of hours of research, including the review of highly technical publications and interviews with industry experts — all on an aggressive, two-month timeline.
- How to become a millionaire. A humorous and irreverent take on the financial self-help genre. Raised in a housing project in New York City, a successful physician and self-made millionaire shares his (funny, F-bomb laden) tips for career advancement, personal finance, and finding personal and professional mentors.
- The Biography of a Successful “Turnaround Artist”. Readers learn how one of this country’s most successful businesspeople and “turnaround artists” brought several major companies back from the brink of bankruptcy. This is a colorful story of a self-made man who grew up in Lebanon and built an inspiring career, starting at GE and eventually holding C-level positions in a series of well-known publically held companies.
- The Authentic Executive. How does a mediocre high school student who failed her first CPA exam become the CFO of a publically held company before the age of 40? By taking the road less traveled. Learn how being true to yourself, combined with a little hard work, can still lead to corporate success.
- The Truth about Making Money in Medical Marijuana. As states and feds duke it out, owners of legal marijuana businesses are left in a quagmire. The owner of a medical marijuana collective tells the true story of trying to build a successful business in the shifting sands of legality, as well as social and financial hindrances.
Full-Service Ghostwriting for Experts and Executives
Because we have multiple writers with varied backgrounds, we can handle large, complex assignments and meet even the most challenging deadlines. You can depend on us every step, from brainstorming through final review:
- Concept development. We’ll collaborate with you to develop the right topic, approach, and tone for your industry and audience.
- Interviews. Our writers have decades of experience, and they know how to build rapport, establish trust, and ask the right questions to get the best responses.
- Research. What can we say? We’re intellectually curious. We love digging a little bit deeper.
- Project management. No hand-holding needed here. We can manage the entire process, from interviewing SMEs to suggesting appropriate images to make your case visually.
- Editing and review. Edits and rewrites to improve clarity, flow, and organization. Includes technical reviews by your team to assure accuracy.
- Proofreading. Always completed by a previously uninvolved proofreading resource for squeaky-clean final copy.
- Publishing. We will help you make sure your final manuscript ends up on the printed page.