Google Places Listings: Free Online Small Business Marketing
GOOGLE PLACES LISTINGS: FREE ONLINE SMALL BUSINESS MARKETING
Is your business listed on Google Places? If not, you’re missing out on a free, easy marketing opportunity that can help drive customers to your door.
A Google Places listing means that your business can show up in this familiar list for local customers who do a Google search for keywords that match your business, service, or product.
To get your listing, go to Google Places For Business and sign up (or, read more about it here). It takes about 15 minutes max – and you can customize your listing with phone number, address, business hours, coupons, photos, and videos.
Along with your Google Places listing, you get data updates that shows you things like what keywords people use to find your business, and what ZIP codes your customers are coming from.
You probably won’t be the No. 1 search result when you first sign up, but getting a listing is the first step to maintaining an online presence. Once you have your listing, you should encourage your customers to write reviews about your business. More customer reviews can help you move up on Google rankings, and it will increase your chances of getting a call from the listing.
Not a bad deal for a free boost to your local SEO efforts.
- 0 Comment
Subscribe to Newsletter
- Give the Gift of Connection This Holiday Season
- Digital vs. Print Books: How a Ghostwriter Can Boost Both Digital and Print Publishing
- Write Your Book Without Writing a Word! How to Hire a Ghostwriter to Get Your Book Written
- 4 Surefire Ways to Keep Your Nonfiction Book Project on Track
- 5 Tips for Conducting Remote Interviews for a Family History Book