Close Corporate Communication Gaps and Avoid Duplicate Content: Here’s How
CLOSE CORPORATE COMMUNICATION GAPS AND AVOID DUPLICATE CONTENT: HERE’S HOW
Your company’s hiring manager has a great human-interest story about a group of employees who donated vacation days to help out a sick co-worker. She shared the story in an email the people in her department — but the story never found its way to the company’s social media director. Nobody outside of the HR office heard about it.
An engineer from your company just presented an award-winning whitepaper at a global conference. Your clients would benefit a lot from the information, and it could even be re-purposed into a great editorial for an industry publication. There’s one problem, though: The paper hasn’t found its way to the marketing team.
Your company’s VP of marketing creates a beautiful, informative new brochure — but half of the company doesn’t know it exists. The sales department starts writing a totally new brochure. The CEO starts writing another one. None of the new brochures look or sound alike.
We could go on — but you probably see where we’re going with this: communication gaps lead to missed opportunities, duplicated work, and wasted time and resources. This happens with all sizes of companies, in every industry. Everyone assumes that they’re communicating and sharing, but they’re often unaware of what’s going on in other departments.
But how do you close those gaps? How do you ensure that your company’s departments are communicating and sharing information?
Here are a few strategies to help you improve communication across all of your company’s teams and departments:
1. Establish a point person/content manager to keep track of all content, across all departments. This person should be responsible for keeping up with everything from digital and print ads to whitepapers and editorial content to internal newsletters.
2. Invest in digital asset management software. If you need a starting point, check out the solutions provided by Widen Collective, Brandfolder, and Libris. All three solutions have high customer satisfaction ratings and are designed to be user-friendly. Widen’s VP of Marketing Jake Athey cites Widen’s depth of design, highly integrated platform, and responsive service. Brandfolder incorporates a “visually elegant UI” and a “unique twist on folder hierarchy,” according to Product Marketing Manager Laura Hamel.
On a budget? You can even use free cloud storage options like Google Drive. Whatever you choose, make sure that you organize your content in a way that that makes sense and is easy to search/browse.
3. Spread the word. Once you’ve got a point person and a cloud-based library in place, it’s time to let everyone know about it. Use email, intranet, and/or your company’s internal social media accounts. Include important information like the name and contact information for your new content manager and login info for your storage system.
4. Establish a “communicate before creating content” policy. Encourage everyone to check in with your content management point person before starting a new project. A simple Skype message like, “Hey I need X type of content”, or “Do we have a brochure about X?” should help cut down on duplicate work. You could also use your company’s intranet to share and exchange quick updates about the content you need, the content you have, and share any other useful information.
5. Consider project management software.
If your company creates a lot of content, a project tracking tool might be a good investment. Tweet thisProject management software allows real-time collaboration, and it helps ensure that everyone is on the same page. Web-based project management tools such as Asana, Wrike, Basecamp, or Trello) are ideal for workforces that are dispersed across geographic regions. To learn more, read reviews, and compare platforms, g2crowd.com is a handy resource.
6. Have monthly or quarterly and check-in calls. Your content manager should conduct regularly scheduled calls with key people from each department to ensure that everyone is in the loop about new or updated content.
7. Keep your content up to date. It’s important to review your content library periodically. This will give you a good opportunity to update, discard, and revise your content as needed.
- 14 Comments
14 thoughts on “Close Corporate Communication Gaps and Avoid Duplicate Content: Here’s How”
[url=http://arimidexsale.com/]arimidex price in us[/url] [url=http://lisinoprilmd.com/]lisinopril diuretic[/url] [url=http://prednisonester.com/]prednisone 60 mg daily[/url] [url=http://zoloft24.com/]zoloft 50 mg[/url] [url=http://doxycyclinehycl.com/]can you buy doxycycline over the counter usa[/url] [url=http://clomid150.com/]cost of generic clomid[/url] [url=http://accutanrx.com/]accutane 20 mg[/url]
Tadalafil functions in your body by aiding you ensure you constantly react appropriate to sex-related excitement. You will certainly be able to acquire universal Tadalafil that has the same active ingredient as trademark name variant, which suggests it is visiting work right for you every time you take it. For example, being over FIFTY years of ages, having higher cholesterol, smoking, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, pre-existing eye troubles, or high blood stress could be a threat aspects for developing unexpected vision loss – so see to it you review your personal threat factors with your doctor. The adhering to medications have to be reported before you begin taking Tadalafil: antifungals, prescription antibiotics, blood, doxazosin or heart pressure medications, HIV/AIDS medication, conivaptan, imatinib, diclofenac, antidepressants, rifampin, seizure, and isoniazid medicines. Getting Tadalafil by a prescription, you can get this medicine from an on-line pharmacy. [url=http://tadalafilx.com/]cost of tadalafil generic[/url] (Cialis) is a dental prescription medicine meant for the therapy of ED (erectile disorder).
[url=https://albendazole365.com/]albendazole otc usa[/url]
[url=http://levitramed.com/]buy levitra online no prescription[/url] [url=http://albuterol365.com/]albuterol prescription online[/url] [url=http://diflucan5.com/]diflucan over the counter uk[/url] [url=http://celebrexotc.com/]celebrex capsules 400 mg[/url] [url=http://furosemidetab.com/]furosemide pill[/url]
[url=http://doxycycline20.com/]doxycycline over the counter[/url]
If you think you could be experiencing priapism and have a construction that lasts for longer compared to 4 hrs and is uncomfortable look for emergency situation health care support as if you leave this disorder unattended it could result in the damages of the tissues of the penis. You may have to reexamine a few of your habits and diet while taking Tadalafil. Tadalafil (Cialis) is usually suggested to get rid of impotence in males not able to obtain difficult erections and make love for as long as they really need to get a climax. If during sex you experience lightheadedness, chest discomfort or fainting call your medical company as early as feasible to stop the circumstance from becoming worse. Unable to achieve stable erections and make love. [url=https://tadalafilerec.com/]tadalafil generic sale[/url] is not intended for women it has actually been classified by the American Food and Drug Administration as maternity classification B.
You can buy [url=https://tadalafilx.com/]cheapest tadalafil prices[/url] affordable and make certain its high quality is impressive also. The complying with mild negative effects have been reported in the set of medical studies: sudden eyesight reduction, indigestion, muscle pain, warmth or redness in your face, memory issues, sore neck, headache, stuffy nose, and in some cases diarrhea.
It obstructs the impacts of a certain enzyme in the body preventing the blood from the penis from escaping [url=https://tadalafilerec.com/]tadalafil pills canada[/url]back in to the physical body also soon and stimulating the inflow of the blood to the tissues.
[url=https://albuterol365.com/]albuterol 2.5 mg[/url] [url=https://clomid150.com/]average cost of clomid[/url] [url=https://sildenafilvg.com/]sildenafil 20 mg tablet[/url] [url=https://levitramed.com/]levitra generic[/url] [url=https://fluoxetine1000.com/]fluoxetine 20 mg capsule[/url]
[url=http://diflucan5.com/]diflucan 150 mg online[/url] [url=http://tadalafilcia.com/]tadalafil canada[/url] [url=http://furosemidetab.com/]furosemide pill[/url]
If you believe you have actually taken too considerably of Tadalafil and experience overdose symptoms, such as flushing, hassle, acid indigestion, dripping or stale nose, heartburn, pain in the back or muscular tissues and some other symptoms that could be individual for every single person, attempt emergency assistance. [url=http://tadalafilerec.com/]buying tadalafil in mexico[/url] is best taken an hour in advancement, with a full glass of water.
[url=https://avodart24.com/]buy avodart cheapest[/url]
[url=http://levitramed.com/]generic levitra 20mg tablets[/url]
[url=http://lisinoprilmd.com/]buy lisinopril online canada[/url]