A Vending Machine to Promote Literacy
A VENDING MACHINE TO PROMOTE LITERACY
Move over candy and soda; there’s a new vending machine in town!
A school in Buffalo, New York, has rolled out a great new program to help promote literacy among its students. After fundraising for a year, the school installed a book vending machine, filled with over $1,000 in new books. Each month, a random selection of children will be given a gold coin, which they can use to purchase a book of their choice from the vending machine.
According to this article from Science Alert, the idea behind the vending machine was to encourage students to read more in and out of school, in hopes of increasing the city’s literacy levels.
Now, that is our idea of a great vending machine!
- 0 Comment
Subscribe to Newsletter
- 10 Gift Ideas for the Historian or Genealogist in Your Life
- 5 Great Ways to Turn Your Blog Posts into a Book
- Give the Gift of Connection This Holiday Season
- Digital vs. Print Books: How a Ghostwriter Can Boost Both Digital and Print Publishing
- Write Your Book Without Writing a Word! How to Hire a Ghostwriter to Get Your Book Written