Here’s Your Chance to Re-Write the Classics!
HERE’S YOUR CHANCE TO RE-WRITE THE CLASSICS!
If you have been considering re-writing a classic book or putting your own spin on an old movie, then 2019 is your year!
For the first time in 20 years, a whole year’s worth of copyrighted works has been released into the U.S. public domain. Under the terms of the Sonny Bono Copyright Act, these works, which were first published in 1923, are now copyright free.
So, what does that mean?
According to this interesting article from lifehacker.com, it means that you can not only re-publish these old works, but also make newly copyrighted works based on the originals.
So, if you have been dying to change the ending to Bambi, or make some updates to Virginia Woolf’s Jacob’s Room, your time has finally come!
- 0 Comment
Subscribe to Newsletter
- 8 Steps to Writing a Great Biography
- Why to Hire a Technical Ghostwriter: 5 Ways a Technical Ghostwriter Can Help Your Company
- Six Ways a Historian Can Help You Write a Nonfiction Book
- How to Incorporate a Blog into Your Content Marketing Campaign
- Independent Publishers: A Closer Look at Various Nonfiction Publishing Models