Bizarre Facts That Prove Reality is Stranger Than Fiction
BIZARRE FACTS THAT PROVE REALITY IS STRANGER THAN FICTION
You’ve likely heard the famous quote from writer extraordinaire, Mark Twain, that says, “Truth is stranger than fiction, but it’s because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; truth isn’t.”
But just how strange can truth be?
In this fascinating article from Buzzfeed, they give 42 examples of weird true facts that will be sure to blow your mind (and add further proof to Mark Twain’s sentiment).
For example, did you know that there is a mail box in Japan’s Susami Bay that is more than 32 feet under the sea? (And it’s not the only underwater postal box in the world!)
Or, how about the fact that it costs the U.S. Mint almost twice as much to mint each penny and nickel as the coins are actually worth?
And, of course, we have to mention the bizarre “dance fever” of 1518, that caused hundreds of people in the French city of Strasbourg to dance uncontrollably for a month. Even stranger is the fact that it was not the first outbreak of compulsive dancing in Europe!
With facts like these, who needs fiction?!?
- 0 Comment
Subscribe to Newsletter
- Top 8 Content Management Tools
- Ghostwriters and Copyrights: Your Guide to Copyright Protection When Hiring a Ghostwriter
- Everything You Need to Know About Writing Style Guides
- Book Sales 101: Navigating the World of Book Sales
- 5 Tips (Plus One Bonus!) for Business Communication in the Wake of COVID-19