Bizarre Facts That Prove Reality is Stranger Than Fiction
BIZARRE FACTS THAT PROVE REALITY IS STRANGER THAN FICTION
You’ve likely heard the famous quote from writer extraordinaire, Mark Twain, that says, “Truth is stranger than fiction, but it’s because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; truth isn’t.”
But just how strange can truth be?
In this fascinating article from Buzzfeed, they give 42 examples of weird true facts that will be sure to blow your mind (and add further proof to Mark Twain’s sentiment).
For example, did you know that there is a mail box in Japan’s Susami Bay that is more than 32 feet under the sea? (And it’s not the only underwater postal box in the world!)
Or, how about the fact that it costs the U.S. Mint almost twice as much to mint each penny and nickel as the coins are actually worth?
And, of course, we have to mention the bizarre “dance fever” of 1518, that caused hundreds of people in the French city of Strasbourg to dance uncontrollably for a month. Even stranger is the fact that it was not the first outbreak of compulsive dancing in Europe!
With facts like these, who needs fiction?!?
- 0 Comment
Subscribe to Newsletter
- 10 Gift Ideas for the Historian or Genealogist in Your Life
- 5 Great Ways to Turn Your Blog Posts into a Book
- Give the Gift of Connection This Holiday Season
- Digital vs. Print Books: How a Ghostwriter Can Boost Both Digital and Print Publishing
- Write Your Book Without Writing a Word! How to Hire a Ghostwriter to Get Your Book Written