25 Beautiful and Inspiring Words to Expand Your Vocabulary
25 BEAUTIFUL AND INSPIRING WORDS TO EXPAND YOUR VOCABULARY
As human beings, we use language every day to convey thoughts and ideas, describe our feelings and emotions, to argue our points, and to convey directions.
And, as writers, we at TWFH use language even more than the average person.
Very rarely, though, do we actually sit and think about just how beautiful language can be.
Take meliorism, for example, which is a word for the belief that the world can be made better by human effort. Or euneirophrenia: the peace of mind that comes from having pleasant dreams.
And how about my personal favorites? Coddiwomple (meaning to travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination) and petrichor (the pleasant, earthy smell after rain).
This wonderful blog from odyssey includes 25 of these beautiful words, which are sure to make you fall in love with the English language and want to expand your vocabulary.
And, as you explore these elysian words, there is no doubt that you will find their mellifluous eutony to be quite illecebrous.
- 0 Comment
Subscribe to Newsletter
- Top 8 Content Management Tools
- Ghostwriters and Copyrights: Your Guide to Copyright Protection When Hiring a Ghostwriter
- Everything You Need to Know About Writing Style Guides
- Book Sales 101: Navigating the World of Book Sales
- 5 Tips (Plus One Bonus!) for Business Communication in the Wake of COVID-19